The person we are looking for must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate, who will be reporting to the Customer Services Manager, will be responsible for supervising the customer services and key account teams and assist in the day to day running of the dept.
The applicant must be motivated by giving our customers a great experience, organised and punctual and not least a good knowledge of the road freight industry.
We are looking for a person who can add extra quality to our already highly skilled customer service team, and be able to motivate and develop the team whilst at the same time work under pressure.
Main purpose of Job:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
Main part of the job will be ensuring high quality order management, liaising with colleagues in our traffic departments, monitoring the team’ performance whilst assisting them, training and development, client complaint handling & retention, and various administrational tasks.
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their quotations and traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions
• Liaise with other DSV offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements
• Assist the Customer Services Manager with the day to day running of the department
• Establish commercial awareness in order to optimise profitability for DSV Evaluate daily performance of operational functions.
• Ensure tasks are carried out in accordance with the company policy to ensure a high standard of quality and best use of resources
• Promote, develop and maintain relationship with internal and external partners, suppliers and clients to ensure a continual development of service and service levels
• Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
• Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
• Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. invoicing; filing; queries and claims
• Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures
• Effectively Manage resources through assessment of workloads and delegation of tasks in order to meet deadlines and business objectives and when requested
• Ensure problems and or difficulties which arise are dealt with promptly and in a professional and business-like manner
• Ensure staff trained to necessary high standard to ensure data quality of the highest standard
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft word/excel products essential
• Start date: ASAP
Hours: 09.00-17.00 hrs
Click here to apply