Main purpose of the job:
To lead the long term strategic direction for the WMS across the UK and Ireland. To ensure that the WMS strategy supports the business growth strategy. The emphasis should be on continuous improvement and long-term development.
Develop and manage the WMS strategy for the UK and Ireland, ensuring that it supports the Company’s objectives, meets the needs of the business and delivers value for money.
Provide leadership and direction for all areas regarding the technical WMS service requirements of the business and for the translation of business requirements to functionality and configuration.
- This emphasis is on continuous improvement. Discussing future plans and growth strategies with business leaders and putting forward a future WMS strategy which will translate these into practice.
- Keeping up to date with international WMS system subject matter experts and designers and implementing any new developments and designs into the WMS strategy so that DSV WMS development is ahead of competitors.
- Touch point role across the UK and Ireland to ensure consistency and alignment between the business and the long-term WMS strategy. Discussing business requirements and implementing this with the support of the wider DSV team, Group IT and WMS software designers.
- Engage with the service delivery teams to engender an ethos of excellence. To promote both compliance, and enhancements in the implementation of WMS processes, with a particular focus on delivering and continuous improvements to meet the business needs now and future requirements.
- Work with the Global WMS teams to influence system development Develop and implement compliance processes, procedures and systems that enable KPI’s to be surpassed and verified to ensure a consistent operation.
- Produce proactive and ad hoc management reports as required by the business including compliance reports with suitable recommendations.
- Provide strategic leadership to WMS team, so that staff are motivated, developed and have a clear understanding of the Company’s WMS strategy.
- To manage the WMS implementation team with a positive management style.
- Ensure appropriate risk management evaluations are undertaken on new business projects so that risks to the Company are minimised.
Skills and Competencies:
Excellent knowledge of WMS systems
- Experience of developing and implementing technical service solutions which are operationally and financially viable
- Working at a strategic level, either operationally or with a WMS Commercially astute, with proven track record in advising on cost effective solutions, key technical delivery both at bidding, implementation and full operational delivery stages
- Able to lead and direct teams to deliver plans whilst maintaining high standards of delivery and compliance
- Strong leader and influencer
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Click here to apply