The DSV group, headquartered in Denmark is one of the biggest transport and logistics companies in the world with more than 40,000 dedicated employees. We are now looking to expand our team with a new in-house Legal Counsel.
You will join a global and determined group driven forward by the desire to grow. The tone of DSV as a company is informal and decision-making procedures are short. You will be part of a dynamic group, which is characterised by dedication and experience.
Your position will be within Group Legal, with reference to the Assistant General Counsel – EMEA. You will be the first local point of contact for all material legal queries and matters pertaining to the freight forwarding and logistics businesses of DSV in the UK and Ireland.
- Supporting local UK and Ireland management and business/sales teams with legal advice and assistance on material legal matters pertaining to the freight forwarding and logistics industry, as well as in ensuring compliance with applicable law and DSV Group policies.
- Reviewing and negotiating of commercial/real estate/customer contracts and/or contractual terms (e.g. in respect of tenders) in accordance with DSV Group policies and assisting local business/sales personnel in the liaison with Group Legal, Insurance, and other Group entities in respect of the terms and conditions of such contracts/contractual terms, as required.
- Corporate law matters, including preparation and maintenance of the articles of association and rules of procedure for the local companies in accordance with global corporate practice and local regulatory requirements, assistance in the management of annual shareholder meetings and general corporate regulatory housekeeping.
- Providing legal support and counsel regarding material claims and/or litigation and reporting to and liaising with DSV Group Legal in respect of such claims/litigation.
- Engaging and instructing external legal counsel, as necessary (including but not limited to in respect of material claims/litigation), in coordination with local, regional and divisional management, together with Group Legal.
- Dealings with local authorities (including but not limited to customs and police authorities) on matters of material legal and regulatory importance, as necessary.
- Monitoring of and advising upon changes in industry-applicable local legislation/regulations.
- Providing regular internal reporting on legal and claims/litigation matters.
We offer you:
The opportunity to expand your experience in a truly international, world-class company whose philosophy is that your everyday work should be both varied and full of professional challenges, with wide opportunities for constant professional and personal development.
The management of DSV Group Legal respects the balance between working and home life, and we appreciate dedication and the will to grow with both the department and Group.
The ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate should be a fully qualified lawyer/solicitor in England and ideally in Ireland also (or have some familiarity with the Irish law and legal system). Should have at least 3 to 5 years PQE as in-house legal counsel or solicitor in private practice with a reputable law firm, preferably in the areas of general corporate law, regulatory compliance and commercial contracts/transactions. Ideally have knowledge of and experience with the transportation, freight forwarding and logistics industry.
As a person, you:
- Have a strong personality to stand your ground.
- Can work independently, as part of a global/regional team.
- Can confidently advise and work with colleagues at all levels of the UK and Irish management and business organisation, as well as the DSV regional and global structure.
- Have a professional demeanour and good negotiating skills.
- Have a highly structured approach to work, attention to detail and a focus on quality as well as deadlines.
Click here to apply