The successful candidate will be directly responsible for overseeing the delivery and collection of cargo for UK Domestic Customers based in the South East of England. To be completed in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements, achieving high levels of quality, service and in line with budgetary targets.
Tasks of the role will include:
Providing the Warehouse with instructions and documentation pertaining to the accurate and timely loading & unloading of the local distribution fleet.
Working directly with the 3rd Party Transport provider:
- Directly overseeing the efficient and timely despatch of the distribution fleet
- Responsible for ensuring the 3rd Party transport provider(s) check loaded cargo prior to despatch and takes full responsibility for all allocated freight
- Directly responsible for overseeing the delivery and collection of customers' cargo on time, in full and in line with Customer specific requirements
- Planning of local Domestic routes Liasing with drivers, international & UK Domestic markets in order to resolve issues as and when they arise
- To ensure drivers fullfil their daily duties and work load, challenging where necessary to optimise service, whilst ensuring 100% compliance to safety or transport legislation
Dealing with driver & customer queries
- Executing on the road contingency planning to minimise failure
- Ensure all deliveries and collections are processed systemically and accurately
- Ensure all failed deliveries and recorded and coded accurately to assist with route cause and preventative action
- Provide proactive operational updates to the business throughout the working day to ensure customers are always kept informed of any issues or delays
- Completion and communication of KPI & Performance Reporting to the business
It is essential that He / She possesses the following skillls / behaviours:-
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service
- Proficient in PC and tansport operating systems
- Knowledge of driver's hours & transport regulations
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- Problem solving & prioritisation
- Work effectively as part of a team
- High levels of accuracy & attention to detail
- Proactive with a ”Can Do” attitude
- Professional Demenaour
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Interested in the job?
Click here to apply