Main Purpose of Job:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions.
• Collate all bookings and plan trailers to ensure cost effectiveness, to provide the service level as shown within the service schedule and to meet the customers’ requirements.
• Plan vehicles to be used, assessing any subcontractors ensuring that they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
• Liaise with other DSV/Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
• Communicate with drivers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
• Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
• Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
• Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
• Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/off loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner, ensuring all hazardous requirements are met.
• Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, filing, fulfil month end requirements including cost match and or ametas.
• Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
• In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements
1-2 years’ experience in a freight forwarding environment desirable.
• Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
• Strong organisational and strategic planning skills.
• Good communication and administrative skills.
• Able to work on own initiative with good interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft word & Excel.
Click here to apply