Senior Manager QEHS (Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety)
A position for Senior Manager QEHS has become available, the successful candidate is to ensure the highest standards of Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety practices.
Main purpose of the job:
To ensure the highest standards of Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety practices in both the UK and Ireland.
To develop robust internal audits of the QEHS management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001) and to manage and oversee a team of QEHS professionals, both direct and indirect reports.
Must have experience in managing senior stakeholders as will be required to work with the senior management team to formulate and implement QEHS strategy.
- Implementing the agreed QEHS strategy across DSV UK
- Implementing the agreed QEHS strategy
- Developing and maintaining all relevant QEHS policies and procedures
- Developing and maintaining all QEHS systems
- Maintaining the Company’s QEHS accreditations
- Ensuring absolute compliance with all relevant regulations and laws
- Ensuring wellbeing of all staff on site in accordance with the policies and regulations
- Ensuring contractors working on site adhere to DSV procedures and relevant legislation
- Ensuring that all financial and budgetary controls are applied and controlled
- Ensuring safe working practices are written and followed through
- Ensure training & re-training of staff through the branch & departmental management structure
- Maintaining a training matrix, recording all relevant training
- Managing and controlling all accident reporting procedures
- Dealing with any and all other QEHS matters arising
Skills and Competencies:
- Champion continual improvement and strive to be best-in-class
- Possess the highest level of attention to detail and will expect this of others
- Hold CMIOSH or working towards;NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ Level 6 Diploma or equivalent qualification. Chartered Membership of IOSH would be an advantage
- Be an experienced senior QEHS professional within a large, multi-site organisation, preferably with a freight forwarding/logistics background
- Effectively manage, motivate and support the QEHS team
- Effectively communicate with all levels within DSV
- Effortlessly build relationships at senior management levels
- Approach problem solving in a logical and systematic way
- Have the courage of conviction to make decisions when required
- Be decisive, making decisions with confidence and in a timely manner
- Be an experienced auditing, preferably experienced with ISO9001:2018 standard
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the relevant legislation
- Have experience of risk assessment, auditing and incident investigation processes
Special Responsibilities/Key Tasks:
The Senior Manager, QEHS is a key role which will lead on safety across the whole business within the UK and will manage the operational and strategic aspects of health and safety in a multisite environment including document management and facilitating mindset and culture change on safety issues. In addition, there will be a focus on facilitating external accreditations and on driving improved sustainability. This is a high-profile role and will play a key part in implementing a safety culture across the business, ensuring safety is a priority and a function which drives continuous improvement through the safety management systems.
Ideally the post holder will come from a background such as transport, logistics or heavy industry with experience of supporting operational activities including standards, management of technical documentation and leading of change processes. A track record of developing innovative solutions to drive a deep safety culture would also be welcome along with a strong understanding of how technology can enhance business effectiveness and efficiency.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work-related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Interested in the job?
Click here to apply