The person we are looking for must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and profit making.
The successful candidate, who will be reporting to the Operations Manager, will be responsible for arranging and developing the full load segment on all European markets.
The applicant must have good financial awareness, organised and punctual, good knowledge of the road freight industry and able to provide high level of customer service.
Prior experience in dealing with high full load volumes will be an advantage as well as general knowledge on current market rates for Eastern, Central and Southern Europe. Familiarity with freight exchange sites such as Timocom etc. would be desirable.
DSV are looking for a person who can add extra quality to our already highly skilled planning team, and be able come up with alternative solutions to challenges and problems whilst at the same time work under pressure.
Main purpose of Job:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
The main part of the job is to arrange full load consignments between UK the European markets and increase and develop this already growing business area.
This include sourcing haulage and negotiating prices, cooperating with DSV offices abroad and colleagues within the UK whilst identifying and exploiting opportunities to increase both profitability and turnover and above all possess a “can do” attitude.
- Arrange and develop full trailer loads from UK into Europe
- Planning full loads to ensure cost effectiveness, to provide the service level as shown within the agreed schedules and to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
- Liaise with other DSV offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Communicate with and service customers in a professional manner
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Communicate with drivers and hauliers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists in order to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, create CMRs, communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
We aim for a start date of the 1st of May 2018 but can be flexible if a suitable candidate is identified.
Start date: 1st of May 2018
Hours: 37.5 hour per week
Click here to apply