All three Carriers have now identified and quarantined the virus, but it still means that certain functions are not available to DSV in the short term although they are getting back to normality slowly.
All three Carriers have now set up independent telephone and email addresses, so we can address any releases for cargo that arrives into the UK during this period.
Currently we cannot book any new deliveries with these carriers and therefore if a delivery date is required before their system is back up, we as DSV will undertake the haulage ourselves, which may result in additional costs against the usual inland haulage tariff. We will of course endeavour to recover any additional charges back from these carriers, but this could be a lengthy process so any additional charges will be levied at the time of delivery and credited where possible.
Export Bookings from UK
Maersk, Seago & Safmarine are accepting export bookings via Intra, but systems are slower than usual.
DSV will recommend and use other carriers if we cannot satisfy bookings in accordance with your wishes within the timescales.
New Bookings: Again independent email addresses and online bookings websites have been set up to accommodate new bookings.
Below is what we have heard from Maersk in China in regards to shipments in and out of China:
1. Containers to USA will be on board even if AMS is late submitted.
2. Containers to Europe is under discussion but bottom line is to be on board even if ENS is late submitted.
3. Maersk will not accept change of destination, container type, number of containers for existing bookings.
4. Maersk is accepting bookings via Intra and manual systems, but confirmation of booking is taking 24 hours rather than the usual 2-3 hours, so please be patient. The situation is improving and is expected to be back to normal by Monday the 10th of July. If your booking is urgent, DSV can and will use alternative carriers for your with your agreement.
5. Empty container pick up and gate-in is working as normal and is not affected in HKG region.
We appreciate your understanding of this situation, which is entirely out of our hands, but we are working closely with all parties to keep disruptions and delays down to a minimum.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us today.
Thank you for your on-going support. DSV will keep you updated with any further developments.