This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovative value and logistics services.
Main purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Contract Manager has overall accountability for leading a team in providing high quality service for the client Karcher. The Contract Manager is a prominent player within the Management team supporting the team strategy of a high retention rate. The Contract Manager must ensure that the customer’s operational and strategic aspects are proactively identified and serviced. The role must act as a customer advocate while seeking service improvements, cost avoidance and savings.
In addition, together with the Regional/Site Management team, this role must seek to develop and increase DSV’s revenues and profitability through providing enhanced value add service and ensure that all site Finances are captured and reported accordingly.
• Establish service expectations and measurements and consistently review performance for compliance and improvements, and that the account is provided with innovative and proactive focus on continued improvement.
• Ensuring the efficient management of the branch’s financial accounts and the implementation of effective financial control procedures in line with Company guidelines, maintaining effective liaison with the Regional Contract Accountant. The control of all overhead budgets for the branch including employment, fleet and other overhead costs to maximise profitability in line with the region’s business plans.
• Continuously develop their personal knowledge of supply chain/ operational processes, financial objectives and general business acumen to benefit their client and their own personal career development. Review and maintain procedures and processes that guide DSV’s operational/administration team/s in support of the customer’s logistical needs, helping to establish new procedures if necessary.
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, development and discipline of all personnel associated with your allocated accounts, maintaining appropriate liaison with the Company’s HR department. Ensuring that all employees within your responsibility area work to the required standards of the Company and are assessed through regular performance reviews. Monitoring, on an ongoing basis, the performance of all direct reports, and undertake regular reviews in accordance with the Company’s procedures. In addition to ensure that the employee engagement concept (known as the People Plan/appraisal system) is embedded and practiced within the site.
• Promoting the good name of DSV Solutions (and its associated companies within the DSV Group) by adopting a professional approach at all times. Ensuring that there is regular communication through team briefings.
• Drive service improvement by promoting, supporting and implementing the site continuous improvement program/s.
• Maintaining effective liaison with the Company’s Business development and Global Account Management Teams(if you customer is a nominated Global Account) team to ensure the maximum recruitment of new customers and the development of the existing customer base in line with the Company’s strategic objectives and targets.
• Develop and continuously maintain business plans to identify account objectives, DSV’s vision, KPI’s, measures for success whilst identifying resources to reach and exceed these objectives.
Skill and Competencies:
4 GCSE’s or equivalent / 3 A Level’s or equivalent
3 years of an Account Management or Senior Operational Role
Budgeting and financial reporting awareness
Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
Leadership, ability of achieving and exceeding business goals.
Ability to lead and motivate direct reports
Highly motivated with a positive attitude
High organisational skills, ability to plan and manage own time
Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
click here to apply