The person we are looking for must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality as well as profit making.
The successful candidate, who will report to the Operations Manager, will be responsible for trailer planning for the French markets.
The applicant must have good financial awareness, organised and punctual, good knowledge of the road freight industry and prior experience in trailer planning.
We are looking for a person who can add extra quality to our already highly skilled planning team and be able come up with alternative solutions to challenges and problems whilst at the same time work under pressure.
Main purpose of Job:
The main part of the job is to plan groupage, part loads and full load consignments from the UK to France. This includes sourcing haulage and negotiating prices, cooperating with DSV offices abroad and colleagues within the UK whilst identifying and exploiting opportunities to increase both profitability and turnover and above all possess a “can do” attitude.
Key Tasks of the role:
- Export trailer planning of groupage, part load and full loads.
- Combining part loads with groupage to ensure the service level expected by customers are met, but at the same time ensure cost effective transports are arranged.
- Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
- Liaise with other DSV offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Communicate with drivers and hauliers.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Prepare correct documentation and instruct the UK warehouses to load cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner, ensuring all hazardous requirements are met.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, create CMRs, communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- In conjunction with other colleagues, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources available.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
What we can offer you:
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
- Potential yearly bonus based on company result and attendance
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Click here to apply