Main purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Department Manager the successful candidates will be required to look after customer's requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo to and from Ireland effectively and in accordance with DSV's operational procedures and statutory requirements, including Health and Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the Company.
They will be expected to carry out the following key tasks:
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their quotations and traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions.
- Liaise with other DSV/Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/off loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. invoicing; filing; queries; claims; check costs in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
Key Requirements of the role are:
- Excellent IT skills
- Recent previous experience of a similar role in the freight forwarding industry
- Good communication skills with colleagues at all levels as well as external customers
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements, including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
What we can offer you:
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be part to a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Click here to apply