This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovative value and logistics services. The successful applicant will be required to meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
The responsibilities attached to the role will include:
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their quotations and traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions.
• Liaise with other DSV/Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
• Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
• Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
• Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
• Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/offloading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner.
• Perform and correctly implement general administration, e.g. invoicing; filing; queries; claims; check costs in accordance with departmental requirements.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently (via use of VDU's, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
• In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
• Forwarding (MIFF)or relevant trade qualification
• 4 GCSE's or equivalent Professional Competencies 2 years of related work experience Manual Handling -Hazardous Awareness
• Health and Safety
• Hazardous Chemicals (Airfreight Export)
Skills and Abilities:
• Computer Skills
• Administration skills
• Strategic Planning -Interpersonal Skills -Communication Skills
• Literate and Numerate
Click here to apply